Re: [aroid-l] Air layering ?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Air layering ?
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:48:39 EST

Skip,  my Rhaphidophora decursiva cutting sat for over a year in a tub of
spaghnum moss with no growth at all.  Then, all at once the plant just started
spitting out new leaves and has climbed to near the top of my greenhouse now.  I
cant give you any tips on air-layering, I was thinking about doing this to a
very leggy Dieffenbachia davidseii, but havent gotten around to it.
Be patient with the Rhaphidophora, it is a pretty hardy plant but just slow
(at least for me) to root.