RE: [Aroid-l] unknown spadix of an Amorphophallus species andneededcollectional data on Serge Barrier + Jay Vannini whocoll.RioYuvineto + Colonia Pibras = Peru

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] unknown spadix of an Amorphophallus species andneededcollectional data on Serge Barrier + Jay Vannini whocoll.RioYuvineto + Colonia Pibras = Peru
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 08:39:24 +0100

The Amorph is A. krausei,

Wilbert

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com
[mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]Namens Vissers, JMJ
Verzonden: donderdag 3 maart 2005 8:43
Aan: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Onderwerp: [Aroid-l] unknown spadix of an Amorphophallus species and
neededcollectional data on Serge Barrier + Jay Vannini who coll.RioYuvineto
+ Colonia Pibras = Peru

Greetings dear Fellow Aroidellers and plantfriends worldwide.
Please find enclosed a picture of this nice spadix of the unknown
Amorphophallus species here flowering at the coll at the BG at
<file://www.vu.nl/hortus> www.vu.nl/hortus and

secondly Tom Croat was already so kind to mention the names of Serge Barrier
and Jay Vannini but what have they collected in Peru : Rio Yuvineto and

Rio Pibras and who are they.  I do know Serge Barrier does work at the
Museum de natural History in Paris but who is Jay Vannini and could anyone

of you kind people give me their e-mail addresses. I am off the Peru where I
do have a house in Lima and together with Dr.Ricardo Fernandez and the

Aroid expert Jorge Lingan we are going to explore the area but any
additional information would be great for making a complete description on
all the

natural Aroids from Peru for a sort of short inventory for the Herbarium USM
in Lima. So any additional help would be great from all of my aroid friend

worldwide. And there exist a PPP file for anyone interrested,just ask and I
will mail it to ye,

with sincerest regards        Hans

plant collections Hortus Botanicus

Free Uni.of Amsterdam,

location address :   van de Boechorststraat 8.

NL - 1081BT Amsterdam

new phone no's      ++31.20.5989390

fax        ++31.20.5989387

<<DSC00136.JPG>> <<DSC00145.JPG>> <<DSC00152.JPG>>