Re: [Aroid-l] Zanthedeschia 'coburn'?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Zanthedeschia 'coburn'?
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:50:54 -0500

I'm here in central coastal NJ where Alberta clippers have been bringing near 0F temps regularly in winter. Its still cold and the top of the garden soil is still frozen, but Zanties,a small floriferous pink and a medium white with white-speckled leaves, are buried deep within the sandy sub-soil, and have for several years been getting several inches of organic mulch a year. A 'Goliath Yellow' or something like that, has not survived. They sprout and quickly come into bloom in early summer.
Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ