RE: [Aroid-l] Hello? Birds Nest Anthurium

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Hello? Birds Nest Anthurium
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:42:05 +0000

>From: Mary Dunn <aroid_mama@yahoo.com>
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: [Aroid-l] Hello? Birds Nest Anthurium
>Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:29:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mary,

Please forgive my bad manners for not replying before now---the IAS list is a vibrant place to be on, but like other lists it waxes and wanes, depending on the topics up at a given time. In general, ask and thou shalt receive re: info on Aroids, as most of the World`s experts are on this list, and in general will answer any querries posed by folk who have only to ask on line.
I know that there is a way to post pics., but not being very comp. literate and having an older machine am unable to tell you exactly how to acess the site, I also recomend that you visit and surf the MOBOT aroid pages, the IAS is linked to them and there is ENDLESS aroid info. available. Perhaps some other kind member can provide 'how to" details to Mary?????
I knew John La Roche well, and even have the 'honor' (together w/ Dewew) of a mention in the book`s pages, I still have the Caladium that was being discussed in that meeting described so well within within the book`s pages.
Good luck w/ your love of Aroids, I hope to meet you in Miami at the Aroid show and sale at Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Sept.

Is anyone there? I am a new member and can't find any posts! I sincerely hope that I am not the only member!
>I have been growing Aroids since before I knew what an Aroid was! say 40 years or so.
>I no longer have greenhouse privileges so my collection is gradually diminishing,
>I was pleased to notice today that my Birds Nest Anthurium is blooming dispite (or maybe because) adverse conditions! I grew this from a tiny seedling obtained from the orchid theif.( Do you know who I mean?) it's now about 4' tall and will no longe fit under my lights. It is not the common birds nest.
&gt;Do we have any way to post pictures?<<

&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
&gt; Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.
&gt;Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list