[Aroid-l] worried: resting giant titan resting too long?

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] worried: resting giant titan resting too long?
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" mmarcotr@email.smith.edu
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:04:47 -0500

It's about 6 months since our A. titanum flowered. We did not pollinate it so the tuber is still quite large. After flowering it, of course, went dormant.  It's being kept "on the dry side" in a greenhouse with 75F day 70F N. Still no action. No rotting but no action. Should I be concerned

Michael Marcotrigiano
Director, Smith College Botanic Garden

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College, Lyman Conservatory, College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Aroid-l mailing list