RE: [Aroid-l] worried: resting giant titan resting too long?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] worried: resting giant titan resting too long?
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:40:37 +0000

From : 	Michael Marcotrigiano <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
Sent : Thursday, March 9, 2006 5:04 PM
To : <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>

Dear Michael,

Let`s wait on other opinions from the experts (Lord P., what say thou???), but if I were you I`d TRY to increase the day temps to the high 80`s, SLOWLY increase watering, and stand back!!! That sucker will knock your roof glass off!

Julius

It's about 6 months since our A. titanum flowered. We did not pollinate it so
the tuber is still quite large. After flowering it, of course, went dormant.
It's being kept "on the dry side" in a greenhouse with 75F day 70F N. Still no
action. No rotting but no action. Should I be concerned

Michael Marcotrigiano
Director, Smith College Botanic Garden

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College, Lyman Conservatory, College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden