[Aroid-l] Lemna--edible by livestock

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Lemna--edible by livestock
  • From: "Derek Burch" derek@horticulturist.com
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:40:18 -0500

On the subject of Lemna, a number of years ago when I was consulting in
Trinidad, I was shown a lemna at one of the experiment stations that had
enough protein content that they thought it would be a  possible cattle feed
- doing the double job of removing nutrients from the water. I haven't tried
to follow through to see if anything came of it. Have you heard?

Best, Derek

Aroid-l mailing list