RE: [Aroid-l] Re: Santa Leopoldina/spiritus-sancti treatise by Steve

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Re: Santa Leopoldina/spiritus-sancti treatise by Steve
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:53:55 +0000

From : 	Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
Sent : 	Friday, March 2, 2007 12:09 AM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] Re: Santa Leopoldina/spiritus-sancti treatise by Steve

Hear hear, Russ, well said.
We don`t have to agree w/ everything said or posted on Steve`s pages, but EVERYTHING you have so elloquently pointed out is so very true. Should anyone dispute anything on his pages, Steve is always willing to consider changes that improve the informative contents.
If anyone can not stand it, just do a page/site of your own!
Keep up the GREAT work, Steve, and thanks, Russ for reminding all of us what the true 'price of coffee' really is.

Folks, I'd like to ask some of you to lighten up and count your blessings regarding Steve and his quest for information about the common name P. Santa Leopoldina, and P. spiritus-sancti. Steve has provided an immeasurable service to this group and the Aroid community in general, not only with this informational project but with several others, including a magnificent recent photo-history of the spathe development of a rare Anthurium which has been lauded by experts as a highly important endeavor. Steve's purpose in all this is to simply answer questions we all have about Aroids, he rarely makes an opinion of his own. His interest in this is strictly horticultural enlightenment, Steve has no hidden agenda, period!! And folks, he doesn't HAVE to do this at all, he gives us the benefit of his exceptional writing and photographic expertise out of love and interest of Aroids. In the process, his volunteer endeavor does cost Steve some pretty significant money.

There are individuals out there who have criticized Steve for such over-opinionated trivial issues as punctuation, not being 'scientific' enough, and other nonsense. He's been told to 'go to hell'. Those of you with self-serving interests regarding plants you purchased as 'true' Santa Leopoldina that are now unidentified plants cannot blame Steve for your error. Steve has posted on his site the opinions of some of the most informed experts in this field. These facts and opinions DO NOT come from Steve, he's simply acting as a clearing-house, a focal point for this discussion, and has no agenda to influence the information he posts one way or the other. I'm confident that the over-zealous criticisms directed at Steve are from a few interested but misinformed growers with self-serving issues. Personally, I think we can afford to lose these few individuals, but we can't afford to lose Steve.

I understand Steve has in fact received from people who matter greatly, thanks and praise for his efforts and countless hours of research, writing and editing, professional-quality photography, and computer work regarding the 'Santa Leopoldina' and spiritus-sancti treatise. If you also appreciate his efforts, a friendly word from you would help counter the negativity he's received, and would go a long way in keeping him among us.

   central Fla<<

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list