Re: [Aroid-l] LED growlights

Bitte Bonaventure!

It seem that the use of LEDs for tissue culture growth rooms is still in
the beginning or experimental phase. The dutch lab
(http://www.succulent-tissue-culture.com/EN/news) might have a first
impression now after they startet in January with their new culture
I know that labs in Germany discuss this topic, too.

In my home tissue culture I have only one shelf with Osram flourescent
tubes (Osram Lumix Daylight 58 W/860) which I found to be best compared
to other types.
When I need to set up a culture room, I will definitely also try LEDs,
since costs for electric energy are are a big factor in tisuue culture.
I guess, if we wait for another year or two, there will be good results
available on the use of LEDs for that purpose.

Good growing,

Aroid-l mailing list