RE: [Aroid-l] Smells on Philodendron

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Smells on Philodendron
  • From: "Derek Burch" <derek@horticulturist.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:43:00 -0400

I asked some time ago if Eduardo, or any of the other contributors familiar
with the group had noticed the different odours from the foliage/stems of
species similar to P. bipinnatifidum and P. selloum. (I chop them up all the
time, trying to keep my garden accessible.) No trace of a fart (as I have
been told this smells, but how would I know?) or licorice ... Anyone?

Derek

p.s. How do I get my computer to transmit odours>