Re: [Aroid-l] New Member

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] New Member
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:45:58 -0500

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] New Member
On 3/27/07 6:10 PM, "Tindomul Er-Murazor" <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com> wrote:

I recently joined the IAS (about a month ago), and just found out about the forum.

I have a question,
 I just ordered Zantedeschia aethiopica 'Hercules' from Kartuz Greenhouses.
 I have another type of Zantedeschia that is currently growing again in a small pot. How do you care for Zantedeschia aethiopica 'Hercules'? Does it like wet soil? Moist? Dry? And what temperatures do they prefer? How about lighting? Thanks

Hello Tindomul (you are obviously a Tolkien fan), and welcome to our aroid forum.

I have been growing ‘Hercules’ for several years and find that it is extremely adaptable to most conditions.  My plant, about 1.5 meters high
currently grows in a 30 cm pot and spends the summers outside here in SE Wisconsin on the east side of my house where it gets plenty of sun.  In winter it
goes in the large SW facing window of an upstairs bedroom, where it seems to do just fine and even blooms on occasion.  Night time temps in the fall, before I
bring it in can fall into the 40’s or even a bit lower with no apparent harmful effects.  Mine certainly doesn’t need wet soil and is quite happy with enough water
to keep the soil just on the moist side.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Aroid-l mailing list