Re: "Elephant Ear"??? Man, I hate that term!

  • Subject: Re: "Elephant Ear"??? Man, I hate that term!
  • From: "Windy Aubrey" <exotics@hawaii.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:36:32 -1000

Maybe I can help a bit.
I have 'Elephant Ears' :>) naturalized on our property.  It's very common here in Hawaii and is the species Xanthosoma sagittifolium.
It does get a beautiful huge spathe that is slightly pinkish and has a very distinctive odor.
I saw one in bloom the other day and if it is still photogenic I will get you a shot.

Windy