Re: FW: Pharmacy spam on Aroid-L

  • Subject: Re: FW: Pharmacy spam on Aroid-L
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:05:07 -0500 (CDT)

Thank you, Bernhard and others who have replied privately.

In this case, it does not appear that any spammer actually mananged to get
subscribed to the list. (I've reviewed pretty much every list setting
available to me, as well as our subscriber list, since Friday morning.)
This appears to be a more fundamental flaw in the mailing list software,
or in the installation of it we're using (there are later versions

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, StroWi@t-online.de wrote:

> Steve,
> I received the "Pharmacy mail", too, but I simply deleted it, since my
> needs in such mails (and BTW the offered products ;-)     ) is more
> than satisfied. ( LOL - just to state this clear: I'm just joking!)
> But seroiusly, I only wondered that the aroid-L was hit by a SPAM mail
> the first time; I wondered even more since I remembered that the aroid-L
> mails are usually approved.
> However -
> No reason to apologize, Steve, this happens and as  you indicate, it is
> probably more interesting how the SPAMER got into the list.
> Don't worry too much and thanks for you effort and the time you spent and
> spend for the aroid-L.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-L mailing list