Re: Cyrtosperma

I grow mine in the way Brian describes and as Julius wrote in his article in Aroideana.  I use concrete mixing tubs sunk into the ground in the GH with aquarium heaters.  I used to use the airstones but the water evaporates so fast in the hot greenhouse, (and with the warm water) that I have to fill the containers up every few days and this does not allow for stagnation.  If grown the correct way these are easy plants.  I have an almost 8 foot tall Urospatha hybrid that I got as a pup from Brian years ago and numerous others that can attest to Julius' method for growing semi-aquatics.

Michael Mattlage