Re: Wikipedia

Steve:

Philodendron auritum Lindl. Is in my opinion P. anisotomum Schott although there is no specimen to confirm this.  I have put the species in to “Species excluded” in my Central American revision.  Phil. consanguineum Schott is a distinct species from the West Indies, a vine, sort of like P. hederaceum (Jacq.) Schott.  There are good descriptions of it, I think.  Phil. marginatum Urb. Is a synonym of P. consanguineum.

Tom

From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 3:23 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Wikipedia

I have been asked by the editors of Wikipedia to help edit some of the material on their sites relating to aroids.  As some of you will recall several of us including Julius recently had some discussion on Aroid l about the "less than accurate" information that shows up on that site as a result of input by collectors who have done little to no research on their subject matter.  There are currently three species which I am trying to gather information regarding and little appears to exist in the texts I possess.  If you know anything about these species please let me know anything and everything possible:

Philodendron auritum Lindl.

Philodendron consanguineum Schott

Philodendron marginatum Urb.

Specificially, I've been asked to help edit this site:

http://www.wikigardens.com/

Thanks!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com