Re: A Xanthosomatic problem

  • Subject: Re: A Xanthosomatic problem
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:19:22 +0000

Dear Marek,

The only person who I believe can give you a totally accurate answer on this question is Dr. Goncalves in Brazil.
We had a long discussion on some photos of plants much like these a couple of years ago on aroid-l.
I will offer my OPINION that the plants in your photos are X. sagittifolium because of the all-green blades, I recall that the ones I.D.`d by Eduardo a while ago also had darkened petioles, but the leaf blades were a ''clean'' green like those in your photos, unlike the blades of X. violacium/nigrum in which there are traces of the purple color.   The spathes will also reflect these colors..

Sincerely,

Julius