Re: Dieffenbachia hoffmannii photo?

  • Subject: Re: Dieffenbachia hoffmannii photo?
  • From: "John" <criswick@spiceisle.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:19:59 -0400

I cannot give a source for the name Dieffenbachia hoffmannii but I have in the 60s and 70s grown this Dieffenbachia, in fact it was a favourite of mine.  The name is no longer valid, if it ever was, but D. ‘Exotica’ or ‘arvida’ may be a mutation of it, whatever it is.  Both are said by Graf to be from Costa Rica.

The accompanying illustration may perhaps answer questions about markings on stem and petiole.