Re: Amorphophallus konjac size

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus konjac size
  • From: michael kolaczewski <mjkolaffhbc@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:15:59 -0800 (PST)

Greetings, I have had the same experiences with Amorphophallus konjac
in containers. In fact I have attached a photo, not  great quality,
of a A. konjac that is about to begin to this season's growth. I have been growing this
one 2.5 years, it was about the size of  medium orange when I got it. It lives in a container
outdoors in the late spring through the late summer, then indoors for the winter.
I weighed it here today, nearly 12 pounds. I use a soil less mix of rice hulls, composted
pine bark, peat moss, perlite, and pumice. the bottom of the container has several inches
of crushed pot shards and pumice for drainage.

Michael Kolaczewski

Aroid-L mailing list