Re: A. warocqueanum

> Can anyone supply me with some information about Anthurium
> warocqueanum?  I need to know where it is from (including something
> of its habitat; simply South America or even Brazil does not tell me
> much whereas lowlands/uplands, forest openings, etc. is more
> helpful).  I am also wondering about its availability.  I am told it
> can be difficult to find it listed (if anyone has some to sell or
> trade they are welcome to e-mail me personally rather than clutter
> the list).  Is it difficult to grow or does it require anything
> different from the "average" anthurium?  About the only reference I
> can find for it is Exotica which is a little less than detailed.  Any
> help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> |================================================================|
> |  David G. Bauman                     Dawn G. Bauman            |
> |  Collections Botanist                Greenhouse Manager        |
> |  Indianapolis Zoo                    IUPUI, Biology Dept.      |
> |  (317) 630-2060  voice               (317) 274-0584  voice     |
> |  (317) 630-5153  fax                 (317) 274-2846  fax       |
> |  dbauman@mail.indyzoo.com            dbauman@indyvax.iupui.edu |

David:  Anthurium warocqueanum occurs in Colombia in very wet forest and
does best in very humid greenhouses, especially if kept moderately cool
in the summer months.  I have seen it between 200 and about 1500 m.  I
don't personally know where one can obtain it.  It is a slow grower.
Certainly I would like to propagate it by have not succeeded.
	Tom Croat