Re: seedlings

>On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, MJ wrote:
>
>> Currently on the Arisaema List there is discussion of multiple shoots(?)
>> from one seed. I had a A.konjac seed germinate in January. In February
>> up came a second shoot and now there is a third one coming. Any
>> comments?
>
>MJ,
>
>I have germinated only a few Amorphophallus seeds and never observed
>this.  But, it is very common omong the young tubers I have.  I have
>observed this on several species including A. titanum last year.

Same thing here. One of A.titanums has been sporting three shoots for
the last 4 months or so. All of the A.prainii have multiple shoots
(with 7 being the record).

KK

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@net#gate.net (remove # before replying)
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to
 pound in the correct screw."