Re: Germinating Dracontium

Dear Wilbert,

    Dracontium isnt easy to germinate, even in a tropical collection
like mine. Don't be so sad, because I have seeds of D. bogneri
that I sowed in March 1997 and they are still sleeping! In fact, they seem
quite healthy, but no life sign. I think they need constant heat,
because they only occurr here in Brazil in lowlands, where the heat is
quite constant all over the year. In Brasilia, were my collection is
placed, we have 5 months that are cold and dry, so I think it stops
their metabolism.  Light doesn't seem to work also, because mine are in
a very illuminated place, with 40% sunlight during all morning. What
about pray...

                            Cheers,

                                   Eduardo.