Re: Alocasia

This is response to Denis Rotoante's message about the mystery Alocasia shown
by Geoff. I think we must now know what this is.

We have one of these Alocasia Sarian plants from Denis and it is now growing
in a seven gallon pot and is about 4-5 feet tall, a magnificent thing. The
leaves are very thick, almost succulent, and matte on the upper surface, not
velvety or glossy. Petioles are patterned, somewhat spreading, with blades
erect.

Does anyone have any information about the source of this plant? I would
guess it is a hybrid, but what (who) is the source and does anyone know about
the parents of this hybrid?

Donna Atwood
Selby Gardens

<< Looks like a plant that I was growing called Alocasia Sarian, it came to
 me by way of Agristarts as tissue cultured liners. Very upright, prefers
 bright filtered light, 40% shade.