Re: Costa Rica trip

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Costa Rica trip
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@execpc.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 21:51:50 -0500 (CDT)

>  Hi:
>I've been a lurker here for some time now and have enjoyed all the
>I'm going to Costa Rica on May 13 for eight days and want to know if anybody
>has any suggestions on areas not to miss or any other suggestions.
>Thanks a lot.

Botanically speaking, there are several places that I have visited
and enjoyed.  The first is the Lankester Botanical Gardens outside of
Cartago.  Another is the Arenal Botanical Gardens along the north
side of Lake Arenal.  This is about a days journey NW from San Jose
and will take you past the Arenal Volcano (don't miss a stop at the
Tabacon Resort, located at the foot of the volcano, where you can
spend the day in pools fed by the geothermal springs!).    There is
also the Wilson Botanical Gardens, which is associated with the Las
Cruces Biological Station and located in the southeastern portion of
the country, not far from the Pacific port of  Golfito.

Costa Rica is a wonderful place!  You'll love it.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin