Perfect Organisms

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Perfect Organisms
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 20:47:29 -0500 (CDT)

Plato in the famous "Cave of the Shadows" section of the Republic said that the
instances of what we see in the objects of our experience are like the shadows
cast by the "truth". How that applies to an individual living being is that
such is an inadequate representative of the principles defining the type. The
principles are the truth which one should seek, looking past the specimen.

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin