Anthurium macdanielii Croat, sp. nov.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Anthurium macdanielii Croat, sp. nov.
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mpascall@eisa.net.au>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:39:18 -0500 (CDT)

This sp. appears to me to be very similar to Anth. willifordii, noticed the
name MacDaniel mentioned in the posting from Betsy,it must have been named
after him.
We recvd Anthurium macdanielii Croat, sp. nov, from David Burnett I think.He
introduced many exotic Aroids into Australia.
Could anyone give me a bit of info. on it please.
The infloresence is so small, I have broken it off while attempting to
pollinate it.