Bantas'  opinion on hybridizing echos mine. After growing and dabbling with
plants for over 50 years I feel a day wasted if I do not learn something
frrom them or their associates.  There is no better way to learn the plant
than study it's flower.  The use of a lupe challenges the imagination to
invent a "bee"  from the common wood toothpick to more sophisticated ones
that suits the individual flower.  It brings joy and dissapointment .  How do
we explain  the unlikely success  between  Anthuriums magnificum and pedato
radiatum and not the oft made cross with A.'s clairnervium and
berriozabelensis which  has been my lot. I encourage resposible documentation
of attempts and sharing the information so that all can benefit.   To
discourage this natural interest among growers seems to fly in the face of
education where botanists teach it.  We need the continued wealth of
information botanist and taxonomist provide but I believe growers can provide
them with needed data as the worlds fertile fields decline.  As Rodney king
said "Lets all work together"    Joe