Re: pollinating Anth veitchii ?

Apologies for the delay in replying to Neil's comments.  I thought I would
check a few facts before replying as they started putting a few doubts into
my mind (being a newcomer to aroids had I misidentifed the plant ?, had I
miscounted the number of plants we had).  Well, after checking I am 99%
certain I am right.  The plants that were produced from the pollination were
distributed and after checking with everyone am assured that they are indeed
A. veitchii.  And the point I am most certain about is that we definitely
only had one plant (not various clones as was the case with MSBG).  Where I
think the misunderstanding has occurred is that the plant is an old mature
plant and as such produces several inflorescences when blooming.  Surely
pollen produced on one spadix could be ready at a time when the flowers are
receptive on another.  Neil may have thought there was only one inflorescence
in which case I understand his doubts.

Alan
Swansea Botanical Complex