Re: Fw: Message from Banta the Breeder

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Message from Banta the Breeder
  • From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:42:51 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Bonaventure W Magrys <magrysbo@shu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 6:49 PM

> Can you tell me more about the honey solution please?

John is not an online guy. The next time I speak to him I will ask him.
Actually there maybe someone on this list that will speak to him or see him
before me.

My guess would be that the sugar in the honey stimulates more rapid growth
in the stamens. This would be useful to the breeder if he had a stigma that
was going to become receptive before the pollen would otherwise be