Re: Cuttings and Seeds from Joep Moonen

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cuttings and Seeds from Joep Moonen
  • From: Neil Crafter <golfstra@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:55:18 -0500 (CDT)

The Philodendron you refer to is actually P.solimoesense (I think I've got the
spelling right, but I'll check my data at home). It is a member of the
"self-heading" subgenus Meconostigma, of which the common P.bipinnatifidum
is the
best known member. Dr Simon Mayo's revision of this subgenus is the ultimate
source for a description of this plant. (Kew Bulletin) Denis, as these plants
grow relatively slowly on a trunk, I think you'll still be able to find Florida
for some time to come!

Neil Crafter
Adelaide Australia