Cuttings and Seeds from Joep Moonen

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Cuttings and Seeds from Joep Moonen
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:18:02 -0500 (CDT)

Just wanted to let you know that the cutting and Seeds from Joep Moonen
arrived yesterday from the Emerald Village Forest in French Guiana. Joep
sent these up for the Auction sale at the Annual Show in September in
exchange for some back issues of Aroidiana.

Included in the package were pieces (2-3 stem cuttings of each) of the
following plants sans roots and leaves:

 	Philodendron ornatum from Creek Gaborel
	Philodendron callosum
	Philodendron linneae-- a very large birdsnest type with thick leaves.
	Philodendron polypoides--
	Philodendron billietiae-- a wide form and a narrow form

	Anthurium Moonenii-- a new species which was extremely sought after
last Auction.

	Xanthosoma granvilleae.

Also included were seeds of Dieffenbachia humilis from Camp Leonse in
French Guiana, Dracontion sp. 'Flat TOP' from the junction of the Road
to Cacao and Regina, and Philodendron salamonense (not sure of my
spelling on this one) from the Emerald village jungle. If anyone has any
information on correct spellings and descriptions of the above listed
plants, please chime in. I am particularly concerned about the seed of
the Philodendron as they are quite small and very numerous. If they all
grow I fear we will be over run with Philodendron Salamonense here in
south Florida. The plants have all been potted up and set out in the
greenhouse. I will keep you informed as to their progress.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida