Re: Philodendron 'Tahiti'

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron 'Tahiti'
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:29:22 -0500 (CDT)

If you look at Twyford Plant Laboratories web page you will find
Philodendron 'Tahiti Green' there on the price list... Alas, there is no
picture there to look at or refer to. that part of the site was still
under construction. You might try asking Twyford, but it is my
experience that labs seldon know where a plant came from unless they had
to go through the patenting process which requires it. Sometimes even
then they don't want to tell outsiders from whence species plants come.
The labs care not for taxonomy, when someone brings them a plant, if
they can TC it and it sells and grows well, they are only concerned
about protecting their proprietary product by putting a catchy name on
it and Trademarking the name. Good luck.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens, Inc.