Fellow Slug Fanciers

  • Subject: Fellow Slug Fanciers
  • From: Ted.Held@hstna.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:58:40 -0500 (CDT)

This query is only obliquely related to aroids, but I could not hold back,
given aroiders' feelings about slugs. After a lifetime of slug killing, for
which my soul will surely pay, I found an albino yesterday. A full-grown,
healthy adult, it has all the morphological characteristics of our
run-of-the mill midwestern garden slugs, except for color. Has anybody else
ever seen an albino?

I resisted turning it into paste, my usual practice. It looks nice in a jar
on my desk with its regularly-colored companion. Come to think, I might be
persuaded to sell it, should anyone be interested. Or donate it to the
International Slug Museum.

Serious responses only, please.

Ted.Held@HSTNA.com