Re: RE: Re: Planting seedlings-superthrive

  • Subject: Re: RE: Re: Planting seedlings-superthrive
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 23:55:43 -0500 (CDT)

Of course, the same chemicals always seem to be present in rooting compounds and growth stimulators.

Many times they are either/or/both: Indole butyric acid (IBA) and naphthalene acetic acid (NAA)

I am not saying that superthrive is anything special or not.. I am only thinking that IBA and NAA are "known"? to stimulate root growth.  In the case of tuberous plants...things that stimulate root growth, would also stimulate tuber growth..... doesnt that seem right?

As far as Lesters comments on his friend stating that the effect would only be possibly realized on young, "not-yet" fully developed plants... I am not sure I understand..... I would think that if the chemical had any effect.... it would exhibit that effect regardless....?

aroid-l@mobot.org wrote:
> The teeny tiny print on the label says 0.09% vitamin B1, 0.48% 1-Naphthyl
acetic acid.
I looked up the acetic acid, another trade name for it is rootone!