Brazil and other "curiouser" environs

  • Subject: Brazil and other "curiouser" environs
  • From: "Jay Vannini" <interbnk@terra.com.gt>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 21:36:31 -0500 (CDT)

Eduardo, Julius and All:

Speaking of weirdness - I understand that there is a piece of legislation
pending passage in Brazil that would require professional  photographers who
take pics of plants/animals/habitat in Brazil to not only provide "country
credits", but also will be required to "share" in any royalties derived
therefrom. P'rhaps our colleague/s in Brazil can elaborate on this
regression to "1984".

As a very good friend of mine has said *over and over* - it is only a matter
of time before they will "MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PICTURES".

BTW - sadly/ironically I am kinda glad that the Lacey Act has finally
surfaced on this forum. Yes, it illegal, quite illegal, most very illegal,
to violate the U.S. Lacey Act by "illegally" collecting and importing any
biota protected by any foreign country into the USA. This is quite apart
from ADDITIONAL violations that might concurrently transpire that violate

Please - U.S. residents - don't bother posting your intentions to violate
other countries' wildlife and plant protection laws on any forum in the
public (e.g. anywhere on the web)  domain.

Have a good evening -