Re: The Titan STINKS!

  • Subject: Re: The Titan STINKS!
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:23:00 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Allen <callen@fairchildgarden.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 12:00 AM
Subject: The Titan STINKS!

Dear Friens,

Remember guys, Amorphophallus` are SUPPOSED to stink, if someone does not
'like' this aspect of 'our' plants, then grow roses and violets!    As an
old cook on an oil drilling platform once told me when I nearly choked to
death on a tiny sliver of his extra-hot chilis, and screamed at him--'Damn,
man, this thing is HOT!!!', he then politely replied-- 'man, peppers are
SUPPOSED to be hot, if you want something cool, then eat ice cream!'

GREAT job, Craig, once more congrats, and THANK YOU JIM SYMON!!!

>>It is about 1/3 open and beginning to release the smell that it's famous
for. It is so beautiful, but when a staff persons family was in about 7:30
PM, the kids were grossed out. I won't tell you what they thought it smelled

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road
Coral Gables(Miami), Florida, USA  33156-4296
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320
Fax 305-661-8953
e-mail callen@fairchildgarden.org
web: www.fairchildgarden.org