Re: Tropical forest dreams and nightmares

  • Subject: Re: Tropical forest dreams and nightmares
  • From: Jmh98law@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:37:31 -0500 (CDT)

Betsy, you wrote:

Change...... that is all there is, change. Either we adjust or we do not and
we suffer. I choose to not suffer and just know gratitude for the past days
and hold a hope that my grandkids will someday know the joys of walking in
the forest, temporate or tropical, and know the joy of that peace and that
wonder. It is all in how you look at it. You get suffering if you do not
accept some aspects of the change. You get joy in the perhaps lessor
realms, if you just stay in the moment and enjoy and appreciate and stay in
that gratitude of Grace. Enjoy........ it is far more fun!

And I thought that you would enjoy this wonderful quotation . . . some days
the "happy in small ways" seems like enough . . .

Jeanne Hannah
Traverse City, Michigan

"In spite of illness, in spite of our arch enemy sorrow, one can remain alive
long after the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change,
insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in
small ways." Edith Wharton