RE: Neil Carroll's last IAS Newsletter

  • Subject: RE: Neil Carroll's last IAS Newsletter
  • From: Floral Artistry <jjingram@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:44:11 -0500 (CDT)

I am new to the list and probably have no place giving my opinion here but I
will anyways.

I enjoy the scientific articles as well as the "down-to-earth" cultivation
ones. The scientific ones go mostly over my head (although they shouldn't)
but I do think they are a good reference for non-scientists as well. Because
they do give us an accurate size and description of the plants we are sure
to want in a few years.

The cultivation articles are the most useful to the majority. These are the
meat and potatoes to the people like me. I really enjoy knowing how others
grow things, where they grow things, how long they've had them, blah, blah,
blah, blah..........
It gives me something to base my failures (the majority of my plants) and my
success (only a few right now).

As a member of the IBS (Bulbs Society, which I see that I know quite a few
of you are also members), they have a newsletter and a technical magazine. I
enjoy both equally and enjoy each for what it is and what it represents to
the society.

John Ingram
jjingram@pacbell.net
Phone/fax 323-650-9360