Re: June Newletter

  • Subject: Re: June Newletter
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:18:35 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Pete!

Thanks! Great!  I ****** tired after the last pressure weeks for IAS.  Sorry
I didn't mention Aroideana as I hoped Sheri (and Jill and..) would be
attracted to Membership by seeing it and all the other delights mentioned on
the IAS Web Site. Incidentally there's not a lot about our "Newsletter"
there.  Your Aroideana 2001 Contents Preview with your Comments is the first
item in the June Newsletter, Joe's Article being the last with Dr. Tom's big
South American travelogue and seven other fine items in the middle.  19 full
pages in June!  In my own Editorial being an independent free-lance and free
spirit Biologist I wrote most supportatively for Aroideana to continue
pristine and undiluted in the visionary ways that you have so superbly
produced it.  I wrote that the "other" publication, currently called the
"Newsletter" could adapt to meet appropriate demands for other IAS services
which might otherwise adversely affect its wisest content and prestige
botanical and horticultural image. To help everybody, hopefully there will
be two large "special" Newsletters with helpful "Letters to the Editor"
before the Annual Meeting in September!  I will give you email preview of
everything so as understandings can be as always mutually amicable.  So, I
hope you will like how I have tried for all the wonderful folks in the Aroid
community including your goodself.

Aroid L is PUBLIC and it attracted me because it was about wonderful people
loving Plants and by God it shows.  It is a wonderful shop window for the
magnificent IAS.  And as a recent newcomer I feel honoured and I said
before, humbled, but above all IAS Membership is FUN.   I hope as many
people as possible from the delightful and vibrant public Aroid L group will
join the comradeship of IAS to make the best happen with their skills so
that the excellent service and resources can develop more and more. For our
communal world of aroids from novice gardening to high professional botany.
Excellence and relevance for the good of all.  Thank you Sheri & Jill for
your letters to Aroid-L.

Best Wishes & Highest Regards

Your new blowin friend and mercurial colleague

Ron (latest NewsEd)

P.S. Its not easy being an Editor but isn't it FUN?