I AM A NEW IAS MEMBER

  • Subject: I AM A NEW IAS MEMBER
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:28:51 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Kind Enthusiastic Folks!

Originally I found difficulty in joining IAS from the Web Site.  Now it
occurs to me how I succeeded;

First you can join by FAX!
Secondly you can pay by Credit Card!

I have heard from five people in the past five days that they have joined.

I am not content with an old-fashioned and arduous snail mail newsletter.

If you join now I will continue to get your joint REALLY jiving with a 21st
Century News DIALOGUE on a MEMBERS ONLY WEB Site keeping the fun for the
World and his Wife  on Aroid L.    Aroid L is a place where there can be
talk between the World and his wife and you meet the great folks of the IAS,
and indeed ask them questions about things before you join.  Once a year you
get
the glossy International Aroideana which is scientific and if one reads it
carefully you learn a lot.  The June Newsletter has eight fine articles plus
my radical Editorial plus a Haiku to end.   In a month or so we will have a
HAVE, WANT & EXCHANGE LIST including WILD but CULTIVATED SPECIES from
habitat.   The present world aroid logistics are much much too vague and
unco-ordinated to allow efficient buying, selling and exchange.  The list
will be weekly upgraded for Members only.   Aroid L is an INTRODUCTION to
IAS, the more
people join the SOCIETY, the more everbody will get!  Again, please join.
We need a
thousand Members before the brilliant September Meeting and Show at
Fairchild.   Personally I may not be able to afford to go but if there are
Spathiphyllum there I don't have, PLEASE reserve them for what may be the
only dedicated Collection.    You need IAS and PERSONALLY I need your
support, So, please join NOW!  Today!  Its $25 for the States and $30 for
others.  That don't seem fair, it should be the same price for everybody -
its an INTERNATIONAL
SOCIETY for arguably THE most historically significant group on the Planet.
Later I'll fight to get it equalised but don't let $5 get between the IAS
and your joining!

Now please, please, I am fighting to get YOUR JOINTS JUMPING.    PLEASE FAX
YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS WITH THE APPLICATIONFORM YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE IAS
WEB SITE TO JOIN NOW.  Any questions post on Aroid L and I'll stir for you!
I hope I am helping positively!

Cheers

Your Aroid Friend

RON