Re: Zantedeschia availability??

  • Subject: Re: Zantedeschia availability??
  • From: "Kathy Kempf" <wont_read101@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:30:55 -0500 (CDT)

For me here in Zone 6, I have grown a zantadeschia unknown white hybrid in a
pot sunken in my water garden to a depth of 3" above soil level.  It
thrives.  Maximum temp survived is 95+ with this method.  Leaves burn in
full sun.  I have grown this in regular conditions with same results.  A few
volunteers have regularly come up every year with no special treatment.
Bulbs multiply very rapidly in good soil, less so in water.  One of my first
aroids!  Seedpods tend to droop without full sun, but that makes more
volunteers!  Happy to share a couple if you want; I gave away most last
fall, but still have some and will have many more by fall!