Phosphorus misc.

I was interested to read about the reaction of these to phosphorus; maybe
that explains why mine multiply out of all reason.  My soil has repeatedly
tested way off the charts for phosphorus levels.  I have learned to only add
pure nitrogen and potassium when I add fertilizer; my P level is almost to
the toxic levels.  But boy you should see how all my bulbs multiply.
Daffodils, hyacinths, tulips, etc. all so fast that they literally push each
other out of the soil within 2 years.  Same with callas and garlic and
onions and... But so far no sign that it is removing any of the enormous
amount of phosphorus in the soil (I have my soil tested in a lab
periodically).  And I am sure that explains why I cannot grow any Australian
plants I have tried.  Anybody know if any aroids have this problem --
intolerence to P?  How about soil pH?  My native soil is 8.5-9 In heavily
amended gardens I can keep it to about 7-7.5 And no, I don't live in the
desert southwest anymore.  Just an enormous crop of limestone in our
immediate neighborhood from glaciers.