Re: aquatic spathiphyllum

  • Subject: Re: aquatic spathiphyllum
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:05:45 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks Petra!

"Betta in a Jar" sounds a bit like "Bird on a Wire" or zingy jazz combo.
Great idea, maybe I should do the same with Guppies "Guppies by the Gallon"
or other livebearers?   Forget the romantic tropical stream running through
Eden!   Thousands of jars in every room, NO potting...ever?   Maybe "Platy
in a Pot" is the way to introduce Ireland to house plants & aquarium fish?

What I REALLY would like to know is which kinds will & which kinds won't &
why a proportion of waterlogged plants NOT in sand or compost at optimum
temperature etc objected.  I had planned to rely on stream culture but
cannot take that chance yet.. I am trying various experiments to try to
ascertain why, so far, success is limited.   So any observations on
waterlogging of any aroid might accelerate my finding solutions for the
Spaths.  Please!

Chuckles to all

I. Con. O'Clast