[aroid-l] Dracunculus vulgaris seed

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Dracunculus vulgaris seed
  • From: "Alan Galloway" <alan_galloway@ncsu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:35:05 -0400

I expect to have a few Dracunculus vulgaris seed available in the next 2 to
4 weeks.
These seed are from one of my pollination experiments.....the female parent
was a
typical maroon flowering plant and the pollen was from a marbled flowering
plant,
see pic labeled, 'AGA-937' at:
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~alan/plants/aroids/dracunculus/ for a pic of Daddy.

If you're interested in trying some of these seed, please do the following:
send email to me at:  alan_galloway@bellsouth.net with the subject 'Drac
seed'
with your name and shipping address.

I expect to get more requests than I will be able to fill, and don't have
time to
reply to all the emails.....so if you get seed, you get seed, if you don't
get seed, you'll
know I ran out.

As for information on germinating these seed, please look at the Aroid-l
archives at:
http://www.hort.net/lists//aroid-l/
I have no idea what these seeds will produce in reference to flower color.
My past
experience is that it will take somewhere between to 5-10 years before
reaching
flowering size.

Alan