Re: [Aroid-l] Photo of Extended Anthurium halmoorei

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Photo of Extended Anthurium halmoorei
  • From: "Susan Cox" snalice@dslextreme.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 15:10:56 -0700

Hello John!
It's too late.  In order to bury the length enough for the stem to hold the very heavy leaves in an upright position I actually had to cut a bit more than 1/3 of the roots off from the bottom (it was ALL roots!) and plant it in an even deeper pot!  There was no rhizome cut.  So far (day after) there is no sign of negative affect.  The leaves were so heavy that it required planting it up to the uppermost level possible.  So, there are bottom roots and roots that will begin shooting roots into the soil at the top.  If the trunk that I buried that is in between the bottom roots and the just forming upper roots (about 8" worth) doesn't rot, I'm in like Flynn.  Thank you for your input!
Aroid-l mailing list