Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia robusta & Colocasia gigantea

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia robusta & Colocasia gigantea
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:23:41 +0000

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the information! I had NO idea that the true Colocasia gigantea was edible, or cultivated as such! Thanks! Has anyone CONFIRMED that what is being called C. gigantea/hasu-imo is in fact this species, by examination of the blooms, etc., or is this plant just a larger cultivar of Colocasia esculenta??
David---I`d bet that the non- acrid Colocasia species is a VERY special cultivar! No one should EVER mess w/ ANY Aroid species if they do not know exactly what they are doing, they will TEAR you up!

Good Growing,

Julius