Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron nangaritense Croat and Philodendron renauxii Reitz

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron nangaritense Croat and Philodendron renauxii Reitz
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 11:03:06 -0400

Steve, 'your favorite' reference book Graf's Exotica says this about renauxii:  "(Brazil: Santa Catarina); pretty and decorative slow climber with strong creeping stems 1-2 in. thick;  stiff petioles hold the concave, soft-leathery, lanceolate, sickle-shaped leaves
12-14 in. long, with base generally cordate, and blunt apex, brilliant dark green with pale midrib and with translucent edge and densely nerved;  spathe white inside."

If you don't have a photo, I'd be happy to mail you a photocopy of the single black and white from the book.  Of course knowing Graf as we do, there's always the chance this may not be renauxii at all.

P. nangaritense is new to me.

Desperately need some rain here.  It is our 'dry time' with hurricane season starting 1 June, but this is
record-setting drought, with wildfires.

Hope all is well there.  Russ

Aroid-l mailing list