[Aroid-l] Helicodiceros fruit

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Helicodiceros fruit
  • From: "C. J. Addington" <cjaddington@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:08:50 -0700

Hello Aroiders!
    Due to a hectic academic life lately, I have mostly been a silent lurker
on this board - reading a lot but adding little. But I have had a cool event
happen in my yard that I thought I would share . . .
    The last few years I have been planting Helicodiceros offsets in various
parts of my California garden, and they have slowly started blooming in
early May.This year I had one of my blooms get pollinated naturally - no
scalpel, no paintbrush, no frozen pollen - and set a nice cluster of fruits
all on its own. I have never seen a Helicodiceros fruit cluster before, and
figured that few people have either, so here it is!
    If you click on this Flickr photo link, you can see the fruit cluster:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/california_aroids/sets/72157600242205488/

    I am working on getting more of my photos online as well - I had some
nice Arum, Dracunculus and Biarum blooms this spring.

    Have a great week All!

Cheers, C.J. Addington