Re: Moving an Arisaema ?

  • Subject: Re: Moving an Arisaema ?
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:58:58 -0500

I will gladly defer to those with more experience than I, but I have had
some success moving plant whose root system I don't wish to disturb by
cutting both ends off a 3# coffee can (or similar) and sinking it around the
plant to be moved to a point that you're relatively certain is below the
root system.  Since you have time, this can be left in place, then dug up
when you wish to  move, taking care to secure the soil at the bottom.  You
might also wish to drill some 1/4 inch holes along the vertical axis of the
can to prevent this apparatus from retaining too much water.

If anyone has experience with a simpler method, I'd be anxious to hear it.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin