Re: Moving an Arisaema ?

I like Don's method as he describes it.

But you might want to consult with your real estate agent. Here in Michigan plants are considered to be part of the house unless they are in portable containers. As such you can incur some ill feelings or even lawsuits if you just dig up your treasures and the new owner has been lead to believe the landscape was part of the deal. Maybe the new owner is an Arisaema aficionado.

I'm not a lawyer, but my suggestion is that you either, a) move what you want before you put the house up for show, b) take small cuttings, seeds. or offshoots that would not be noticed well in advance of closing, or c) make sure that your agent and the new buyer know what you plan to take.

Aroid-L mailing list