Re: Moving an Arisaema ?

Greetings Arisaema Lovers and Movers,
I have literally just sat down to review
Aroid-l mail, after moving number of Arisaema today.
( Along with Trillium sp, Hydrophyllum canadense,
and a clump of Caulophyllum thalictroides).
I have use a deep spade or root pruning spade.
These shovels have a blade that are dig 16 to 24 inches deep.
I will dig out a plug that will either go into a
3 or 5 gallon nursery pot. Now I know this is problably overkill,
but obviously these woodland plants do not tolerate disturbance in the growing
season. So by having a "larger Rootball", I have not lost any plants with this method.
I also dig early in the morning, or later in the afternoon.
I hope this information has been useful.
Michael Kolaczewski
Elgin, Il
mjkolaffhbc@earthlink.net